Done with driving

So I've been gone for a few days here. I know, you missed my frequent blog updates terribly. But I'm ready to not drive anywhere for a while. It took us over six hours of driving (including a traffic jam in Denver and stopping for lunch and a hike in Idaho Springs) to get to our cabin. Mountain driving, which is considerably more stressful than, say, Nebraska driving. And even at the cabin we had to drive a lot to get to the various hikes and my brother and sister-in-law's place. And then yesterday driving my parents to the airport in Denver right at rush hour. Yeah, I've had enough driving to last me a while. I'm glad I don't have long commutes every day.

But we had a lot of fun out there, and our cabin-curse seems to be lifted. We had afternoon thunderstorms several days, but no snow (and it's not that it's too late for there to be snow out there--there's a winter storm warning or watch or some such for the mountains this weekend). We got to cross the continental divide three times each way (Eisenhower Tunnel, Fremont Pass, and Monarch Pass). We did some good hiking within the Black Canyon and in various areas nearby. And of course got to spend some good time with family.

I didn't get much writing done. What's next for writing? I have a few short stories I'd like to do as well as some polishing work on earlier stuff. No major new projects for now...maybe. More on that if I do decide to start something big.

Comments