"Sports Fable Press" story at Noneuclidean Café

Go check it out. This is not a fantasy story, not really a speculative story at all...at least on the surface. There are certain ways that I think it betrays my speculative nature, especially in the nature of the short-lived newspaper of the title. I started writing this years ago, shortly after college, before I was even married when I was living in West Michigan. But then I got stuck and buried it for 4 and a half years. During that time I moved to Detroit, which is where the story is set, but it wasn't until I left Michigan for Colorado that I realized how to finish the story. I think it was while browsing Adbusters's website that I came up with how to complete it (and I wouldn't be surprised if the original concept came from reading an Adbusters magazine). I've long been the type to dislike brand names on my clothing--it can be a name brand if that means better quality, but I don't want to scream that fact out to other people.

In other news, I've just had a poem accepted for publication by Raven Electrick. I've been dabbling a bit more recently in speculative poetry, both writing and reading, so I'm excited by this, though it won't actually be appearing until May 2008.

Comments

Congrats on both!
Daniel Ausema said…
Thanks! =)