We've been back from our trip for about a week, but it's always crazy getting back into the swing of things. So I'm finally getting around to posting a blog entry. Here are some of the highlights:
- Coming down through the mountains toward Santa Fe (my wife insisted on listening to the Newsies soundtrack...) with a thin-cloud snowstorm that showed the setting sun only slightly dimmed.
- Albuquerque botanical gardens.
- Snow-dotted cliffs outside Gallup, New Mexico.
- Seeing a bit of the Painted Desert as we crossed Arizona.
- A rainbow-colored cloud off to the side of Mt. Humphreys as we came toward Flagstaff. Of all the places we saw, Flagstaff seemed like the one I could see myself living in...though admittedly that's based mostly on the surroundings, as we didn't really see much of the city itself.
- The Grand Canyon, with snow among the piñon trees along the edge.
- Saguaro cacti and palm trees as we dropped down from Flagstaff to Phoenix.
- Warm weather in Phoenix (almost too warm...but a nice break from winter).
- The zoo and very cool children's museum in Phoenix.
There, that's my version of a you-gotta-see-my-vacation-photos blog post. Now back to my (I hope) regular blogging soon.