In Iowa for the week

I'm out in Iowa this week--I didn't bother posting announcements on forums I'm part of because I should have as much access to the Internet as usual. I might be online a little less, out of a desire to not seem anti-social, but I should get messages and such no different from normal. So, you know, any editors who read this blog and might be worrying that I won't get the acceptance email...well, accept away...

The trip was good, and the kids did surprisingly well. When we did have to stop, those stops ended up quite a bit longer than they otherwise would have been, but besides that I don't think they really slowed us much. It isn't the most exciting trip--on I-80 for almost the entire day--but the most interesting thing was probably the number of mammoth windmill blades we saw being transported west. They look like pieces of alien spacecraft. Wind energy is an exciting and vital development, so that makes it doubly interesting.

Now to see how much writing I can actually get done while visiting...

Comments

Neil Richard said…
Just remember, what happens in Des Moines, stays in Des Moines.

Well, at least it's always worked for me.
Daniel Ausema said…
Hah--we're actually not going near Des Moines. We just had to cross Nebraska (and no, I won't say anything bad about NE this time :P) and then go straight north almost to Minnesota. But it's all the same--what happens in NW Iowa, stays in NW Iowa...