Wednesday, August 06, 2008

World Con

So I'm going down to World Con for the day tomorrow. This'll be my first time attending a con. I have vague fears of high school-style boredom, standing around with no one to talk to or nothing to say to those I am by, wondering how long until the next class, err, session, so I can at least be doing something... But I'm also excited to get a taste for what these things are like and hopefully meet a few people here and there. I'm riding down with Jeremiah, and he'll introduce me to many people, I'm sure. So I know it won't really be a repeat of my freshman year of high school. That doesn't stop some animal part of my brain from dredging up long-buried feelings, though.

It'll be especially strange to be away from the kids for an entire day, especially since my wife has been back to work these past two weeks.

3 comments:

Chad Aaron Sayban said...

Have fun at the convention. It sounds like a great opportunity to meet some people in the biz. Take advantage of it.

Alvaro Zinos-Amaro said...

Daniel,

Thanks for saying "Hi" at the end of the panel on International SF Fandom. Congrats on your publications so far! :-)

Best,
Alvaro

Daniel Ausema said...

Thanks, Chad. It was a pretty crazy whirlwind in some ways, but good too.

It was nice to meet you too, Alavaro--and thanks! Be sure to put up some more suggestions of Spanish authors on your blog sometime!