Monday, July 07, 2008

Pilot episode done

The first episode of my serial project is finally done. It took a long time, but I'm hoping that's mostly because I was still getting a feel for the characters and setting and voice of the writing. I'm pleased with it at the moment, but not ready to share it with anyone in my writing groups yet--I'm hoping to do at least a bit of polishing on it before I do that. I've started some planning for the second episode now--my hope is to have it done within 2 weeks, but at the moment that seems a bit daunting. So we'll see.

I've also managed to do some major rewriting for a different story, one that I wrote right after the baby was born. I'm planning to send it to an anthology that opens next week, so I'll be polishing it one more time (at least) before I send it in. This is quite different from my usual writing--I think in ways that will make it good for this particular antho, but...well, once again we'll see.

2 comments:

Chad Aaron Sayban said...

It sounds like you have a lot of good things going on with your writing. I will be very interested to read some of it once it's ready.

Daniel Ausema said...

Thanks, Chad. With this project I have no definite plan for when or how it might get read...but that's part of the adventure, I guess.