Long time away

Not that I've really been away, just haven't felt the strong push to blog, I guess. I was sick for part of this time, and my son has been quite sick (and isn't completely better), so that could be part of it. We'll see if I get back into it now that December's here.

So what's been going on? Some things I'll probably save for future blog entries. But I recently had an editorial, Arnie's Eyes, published in The Sword Review. I wrote about a special needs camper I helped care for a number of years ago at Camp Roger and how he influences the way I see speculative fiction. And I see now, looking at Camp Roger's website, that they have a full-time, year-round position opening that would include teambuilding and ropes. How tempting that would be if my life was completely different! No, I don't really want a full-time job--it'd make it so much more difficult to find writing time, and I'd miss out on so many things with my son. But if I was to go for a non-writing job, it would be something like that. The nearest camps here are an hour away in good roads, which doesn't seem completely out of the realm of possibility, but it's mountain driving, so when the roads are bad...let's just say I wouldn't want to do it. CSU here does have a very good ropes program that I may do work for at some point, but for now it just makes most sense for me to stay home with my son.

I didn't mean to blog about that stuff at all (except the editorial). But there you go. I guess I'll save other news for another time.

Comments