Tuesday, November 14, 2006

New story at The Sword Review

My story "Treasure from the God" is now up at The Sword Review. It's a fun story (of course--I find something fun in all my stories, otherwise I never would have written it) that started from a discussion with other writers where we all decided to write a story with a deity who is far from all-powerful. The result was this story about a beggar who receives a stunning gift from the city's patron god...only to learn that the gift comes at a price, a price paid by his friends. The picture at the left is the cover for the entire issue, not just my story.

I should have an essay coming out soon at the same magazine--I just this morning received the proofs to check, and with the story there was about a week between checking the proofs and the story going up. I'll post when that's up.

Also, The Sword Review has a contest going on right now and so far low numbers of contributors. It does have a reading fee (which I usually avoid), but I like this magazine and what it does, so I'm willing to support it by adding a story (if I can just get it polished in time--I finished the rough draft this weekend, but it will need some tweaking to get rid of inconsistencies).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, pretty shiny cover picture.

Oh, and your story was good too. :p

Samantha Iriks said...

I like that story. Well done!!

And good luck with the contest.

Daniel Ausema said...

Thanks :)

Jpatrick said...

Just read that one. It had that nice fable or fairy tale feel.

Daniel Ausema said...

thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :)